- React (Gatsby)
- Vue (Nuxt)
- Node / npm
- Greensock (GSAP)
- Git / Github
- Design Systems
- Atomic Design
- Pattern Lab
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Public Speaking
- Workshop Creation
- Tutorial Writing
- Curriculum Building
- Community Building
Professional Affiliations and Community Involvement
Director at Women Who Code Boulder/DenverApril 2020 - Present
- Oversee all volunteers and leads for the chapter.
- Connect with other directors and local companies to coordinate regular chapter events.
- Run monthly events as a Front End Lead in addition to my director duties.
Founder / Organizer at Puppies and PortfoliosJanuary 2019 - September 2021
- Founder of group focused on assisting members seeking tech jobs in developing quality portfolio websites.
- Organize and lead regular meetings focused on effective design and content for portfolios, as well as technical information on building the sites.
- Assist with technical implementations of designs across various tech stacks.
Co-Organizer at PDX NodeJune 2017 - September 2019
- Organize monthly presentation night and hack night by securing speakers and managing all logistics.
- Engage with members on social media and IRC to promote events.
- Connect with sponsors to secure funds for food, space for events, and prizes to be won.
- Spearheaded organizing efforts to host a full day International Nodebots event, including enlisting volunteers and mentors, acquiring equipment, coordinating with sponsors, and leading the technical workshop.
Leadership Team / Tech Lead at Women Who Code PortlandJanuary 2016 - September 2019
- General event support for regular events.
- Co-led Open Source Study Nights in 2018.
- Co-led CSS Study Nights in 2019.
Mentor at Free Code Camp: PortlandJune 2016 - September 2019
- Led various technical talks on demand.
- Assisted campers with various front end and design related problems.
- Organized and led a spin-off event as part of the global hybrid online/in-person Free CodeCamp hackathon in October 2018 by gathering sponsors, securing a venue, and coordinating volunteers for a 48-hour event. Resulted in one of the teams at my event placing second globally.
CSS Engineer at Universe Exploration CompanyAugust 2021 - Present
- Laravel Mix,
- Kendo UI,
- Visual Studio,
- Team Foundation Server
- Coordinated with API developers to integrate Vue applications into larger C# Programs.
- Managed a shared style library across multiple applications while working with UI designers to maintain consistency in new designs.
- Researched and integrated new libraries as needed for new features, such as form validation and field masking.
- Build interactive interfaces for user input across complex,interconnected systems.
Instructor / Curriculum Author at Alchemy Code LabAugust 2018 - December 2018
- CSS Animation,
- Git / Github,
- Command Line,
- Course Creation
- Co-instructed bootcamp prep, bootcamp 1, and bootcamp 2classes.
- Authored new curriculum in the 'devsigner' category for all course levels.
- Updated existing curriculum to better reflect current industry standards.
- Collaborated one-on-one with students to troubleshoot and design code.
Applications Engineer / Prototyper at Nike (Pro Unlimited)November 2017 - August 2018
- Git / Github,
- UX Design,
- User Testing,
- Design Systems
- Created rapid prototypes of new features and layouts across teams and applications to be used for A/B testing and user studies.
- Expanded the internal CSS framework used by all Nike.com engineering teams to include modern CSS properties, such as flexbox, while still including acceptable fall backs for browsers back to IE7.
- Programatically integrated new designs within existing applications.
- Selected as a member of a proof of concept team that built and implemented a design system that could convert a standard React component into a Storybook story, and a Sketch file. The system could also take a Sketch file and turn it into a React component.
Web Developer at Biamp (IT Motives)August 2016 - January 2017
- UX Design
- Created reusable components to form the beginning of a design system.
- Automated the build process for the project by implementing Gulp.
Tech Degree Mentor at TreehouseApril 2016 - September 2016
- REST API Design,
- Responsive Design,
- HTML5 Video,
- Collaborated with students in one-on-one sessions to help them learn how to problem solve and debug code.
- Provided in-depth code reviews for student code on projects and assignments to evaluate best practices and if all requirements were met fully.
- Provided feedback to course creators, and upper management as the Tech Degree program was in Beta at the time.
Student Care Director, Lead Remote Instructor at Tech AcademyJune 2015 - January 2016
- Git / Github,
- Project Management
- Facilitated distributed agile student teams in sprints to complete projects for real world clients.
- Devised unique code challenges, mini-lessons, and extra projects to challenge students.
- Worked directly with students to ensure success in the program.
Web Developer and Designer at GraphtekJanuary 2014 - March 2015
- Adobe Creative Suite,
- Social Media Management,
- Cold Fusion
- Navigated a legacy, in-house CMS and custom WordPress sites to perform content, structural, and design updates.
- Created custom WordPress themes on a site by site basis.