I'm Jordan Brady, a creative front end developer, mentor, and community leader working with groups like Women Who Code Portland and PDXNode. I founded a group called Puppies and Portfolios to help new developers build an awesome online presence. I have a great passion for everything CSS and rubber duck debugging. I enjoy speaking at meetups and conferences to share the things I know.
When not coding, I can be found ...
During summer of 2015 I attended my first tech event: a networking night put on by Women Who Code Portland that introduced me to the wonderful world of meetups. Since then, I have attended numerous different meetups where I learnt a lot, met some amazing humans, and grew out of my comfort zone. I've even started speaking at and organizing my own events.
- Founded in early 2019 to create a space for people create awesome portfolio websites.
- Lead discussions and answer questions about design, content, and code.
- Bring along my puppies for play breaks (weather permitting)
You can find out more about this group...
- Joined the Leadership team in 2016 after having volunteered at several previous events.
- Assist with organization for workshops and networking nights.
- Co-Lead for study nights
- 2018: Open Source Study Nights
- 2019: CSS Study Nights
- Schedule speakers, prepare content to teach, and answer related tech questions.
- Joined as an organizer in early 2017
- Enlist speakers for monthly presentation nights
- Secure funding and venues for all events
- Engage with members on social media like meetup and twitter to promote events
- Develop workshops and special events
- Spearheaded organizing efforts to host a full day International Nodebots event, including enlisting volunteers and mentors, acquiring equipment, coordinating with sponsors, and leading the technical workshop. 2018
- Hosted special edition of presentation nights as part of OSCON 2018 (Open Source Conference put on by O'Reilly).